About Your Stay
To enhance your retreat experience and to preserve the ashram atmosphere, we maintain a smoke-free, alcohol-free and recreational drug-free environment.
What to Bring (suggested items):
• Bathrobe - if staying in a room that uses the shared bathroom facilities located just down the hall from your room
• Soft-soled bedroom slippers - to be worn indoors. It is traditional that outdoor shoes are not worn inside any of the buildings
• Slip-on shoes - for walking between buildings, as they will be removed prior to entering the facilities
• Ear plugs - if you are sharing a room with others
• Walking shoes
• Flashlight - especially helpful when sharing a room
• Alarm clock - one alarm clock is provided in each room
• Personal toiletries and all medications
• If you are planning to visit from October to April, bring suitable clothing for mild to cold weather.
• If you are planning to visit from April to October, bring suitable clothing for mild to hot weather.
• If you would like to attend a Temple program please bring comfortable, modest clothing that will cover your legs and chest.
Reverse osmosis water is available in common areas throughout the ashram and Ancient Yoga Center. You may wish to bring a water bottle for your personal use.
Linens and towels are provided.
Austin Weather: Austin is known for its frequent weather changes. Warm weather is typical from April to October, with July and August bringing the hottest daytime temperatures. Winter is usually moderate, with variable temperatures ranging from mild, to cool to cold, from November through March.
Medical Considerations: Please be sure to bring any prescription and over-the-counter medications that you may need. A hospital with 24-hour emergency room facility is located seven miles from the Ancient Yoga Center. Contact information is posted in all rooms.
The Hindu Temple at Radha Madhav Dham is open every day and you are most welcome to visit.
Our Temple shop carries kirtan CD’s, devotional supplies, books, philosophical CD’s, DVD’s and other interesting items.
Ancient Yoga Center
"The power, love and peacefulness that surrounds this place nurtured us through the weekend. Thank you for your kind hospitality, fantastic food and openness of hearts and spirits."
– Retreat Participant ... read more